Benefits of VO2 Max Test
- Understand your fitness level: Identify your max heart rate and VO2 max and you can understand how fit you really are.
- Set realistic goals: By understanding your VO2 Max and current fitness level, you can be equipped with the tools you need to set SMART goals.
- Customize your workouts: With your coach, you learn how to get the most out of your exercise and sustain your exercise more effectively and efficiently
- Know the calories your burn: Determine the number of calories you burn during exercise and learn how to design your exercise and eating regimens.
- Track fitness level over time: ideally you should have Vo2 Max test every 3 months. This enables you to track your fitness progress and fitness level and how it have changed over time and what factors have contributed to it
VO2 Max test at a glance
VO2 Max Test is a fitness test. You will wear a breathing mask, run on a treadmill until you reach your VO2 Max all the while our equipment records your breath-by-breath input information.
What to expect at a VO2 Max test?
It’s safe to set aside up to 90 minutes for your entire appointment in order to allocate for your warm up, cool down and explanation of the test from UPFIT coach
Please expect up to 20 – 30 minutes depending on your current fitness level and required test protocol
For up to 4 hours prior to your test avoid substance that can increase or elevate your heart rate or blood pressure such as caffeine (coffee, energy drinks…), and nicotine (smoking…)
Clothing & What to bring
Please note that this is a fitness test conducted on a treadmill. You are expected to sweat, achieve max heart rate and have a great short run. Please be sure to bring a towel, wear comfortable clothes and running shoes.